WM. J. MCGOWAN, II
P.O. BOX 71
BROWNFIELD, TX 79316
Work Phone: (806) 637-7585
Home Phone: (806) 637-3254
Cellular: (806) 239 7585
To insure that our clients receive the highest quality Legal Services from our Professional Staff.
Of Counsel - April 2018 to Present
President - August 1974 to March 2018
McGowan & McGowan, P.C.
Manager - April 2018 to Present
McGowan Abstract & Title Co.
* General Practice of Law with special emphasis on Real Estate & Title Insurance Law, Probate and Estate Planning, Oil & Gas, Family Law, Municipal Law, and Corporation Law, with multiple years (43+) of experience in all facets of Litigation, Administrative Practice in rate making and Municipal Franchise Issues at both the State and Federal levels.
* Real Estate, including sales, leasing and financing from both the lender and borrower perspective has constituted over 75% of our practice since 1974 and we are able to step in and hit the ground running.
* The balance of our practice includes a heavy background in Estate Planning, Probate and all aspects of the title business including Oil & Gas title opinions. Our Abstract Company has been in the Title Insurance Business since the early 1950's when it was started by my Grandfather and Father, both of whom were Attorney’s.
*United States Army Judge Advocate General Corps serving at Ft. Knox, Ky, SE Asia & Ft. Sam Houston, Tx.
*GENERAL COURT MARTIAL Trial Counsel AND COUNSEL for United States Army Disability Agency FROM January 1971 TO August 1974. Also spent some time as a General Court Martial Defense Counsel.
* Prosecution and Defense of cases filed under The Uniform Code of Military Justice.
* Representation of Army personnel being discharged from the Army for Medical reasons.